See also: 10″ Toni Doll by American Character
The numbers below refer to the catalog photo above.
- Cheerleader is a green felt skirt with Toni written in white across the front; long-sleeved white knit top; green and white cap.
- Collegiate is an aqua corduroy skirt with white felt curved patch pockets; a white knit top with three-quarter sleeves; blue sash. See photo below. In 1960 this outfit was renamed Co-Ed. A later version of Collegiate is a sleeveless dress with red and white horizontal stripes on the bodice, black dropped waistband, white pleated skirt; black headband; red heels.
- TV Time is a black velveteen halter-top jumpsuit with elastic around at the waistline; short sleeved housecoat with rounded front hem.
- Surburbanite is a white vinyl coat with three red toggle closures; red corduroy hood; jumpsuit with red short sleeved bodice and red cordoroy pants; shoes. This outfit also came in a green variation. See photos below.
- Coat and Hat is a beige felt coat with two large pockets; red straw hat; white hankie with red edging; hose; red shoes. See photo below. The 1959 version is a black felt coat with white collar, cuffs and pockets; matching hat; black purse and heels.
- Sunday Stroll is a dress with black satin skirt, white bodice trimmed with silver glitter; blue felt coat with black velvet trim; black velvet hat with blue ribbon; hose; black shoes.
- Tea Time is a coral taffeta short-sleeved dress with white bands at neckline and sleeves and black braid near hem; wide black belt with coral ribbon tie; natural straw hat with black band; hose; black shoes.
- Charleston is a yellow and black checked dress; yellow sheer jacket.
- High Society is a dress with black velvet bodice, black and white taffeta bubble skirt, and white taffeta cowl collar; black velvet hair ribbon with flowers; hose; black heels. The 1959 version is also a bubble dress, but in pale pink taffeta with lace overlay.
- Stewardess is a short-sleeved blue cotton dress with white trim at the neck and sleeve edges, metal pin; matching hat with pin; black belt; black purse; black shoes.
- Romance With Mink Stole is a pale pink satin gown with side slits, accented with rose velveteen bows; brown real mink stole; long string of pearls; hose; shoes. See photo below.
- Dinner Date is a blue taffeta dress with bubble skirt, cowl collar, large velvet bow at dropped waistline; brown real mink hat and muff; black heels with rhinestones. The fabric of the dress tends to fade to lavender. See photo below. The larger Toni dolls have a similar outfit.
- Bride is a white satin wedding gown with attached stole and tiers of tulle accented with bows; cap headpiece with long tulle veil; bouquet; hose; white shoes. See photo below.
- Cocktails is a dress with pale pink satin skirt, black velvet bodice, black lace overskirt, attached pink tulle stole; hose; black shoes. See photo below.
- Bon Soir is a full-length nightie; lace-trimmed negligee; shoes with rhinestones. The 1959 version has a flowered negligee.
- Cha Cha is a black dress with full skirt, sheer white puffy embroidered sleeves and large bow at neckline, black headband with red accent, red heels. See photo below.
Additional outfits, probably from 1959 or 1960:
- American Beauty is a gown with silver brocade bodice, two-tier deep pink nylon tricot skirt; matching nylon stole.
- At the Beach is a red sleeveless top with white trim; pedal pushers; fringed hat; bag; red heels.
- Brunch Time is a black velveteen strapless jumpsuit; nylon print jacket with orange taffeta lining; hairband; black heels.
- Shopping Time is a pale yellow dress with brown lace trim on bodice and skirt; brown straw hat; brown elastic strap heels with rhinestone accent.
- Sunday Best is a long sleeved pale pink dress with satin collar and wide satin band at hem; pink straw hat. The larger Toni dolls have a similar outfit.
- Tea Time is a short sleeved white cotton dress with narrow blue horizontal stripes, black loop trim; red straw hat; black belt; blue purse; heels.
- (Name Unknown) – black velveteen pants; white long sleeved blouse with rhinestones and lace on front; rose ribbon sash at waist.
American Character Dolls
by Judith Izen
Find it on eBay.
Dolls & Accessories of the 1950s
by Dian Zillner
Find it on eBay.
The Doll & Teddy Bear Department
edited by Thomas W. Holland
Find it on eBay.
Copyright 1999-2015 by Zendelle Bouchard