Actress and model Brooke Shields was produced as an 11.5″ fashion doll by LJN in the early 1980s. She is all vinyl, with wavy long brunette hair, gray painted eyes and Brooke’s famous bushy eyebrows. All dolls have a copyright date of 1982.
The basic doll wears a blue turtleneck sweater with white collar and cuffs, white leggings and blue boots. An alternate version was the same style but with pink sweater and gray leggings. She came with a plastic brush and star ring, posing stand and photo of Brooke. The box graphics on both versions are identical.
Suntan Brooke Shields has a different face mold with a big smile. She comes in a yellow and white striped swimsuit with a beach bag and sunglasses.
Prom Party Brooke Shields also has the smiling face, and has extra long hair. She comes in a hot pink metallic gown and “pearl” necklace, with pink posing stand and heels, and a plastic floral bouquet.
Brooke had eight “Fun Time” fashions and eight “Designer Boutique” fashions sold separately.
Fun Time Fashions:
- Riding Habit – red jacket with black collar and cuffs, 1st place ribbon, yellow top, khaki pants, riding hat, boots and crop
- Cheerleader Costume – white sweater with “B” logo, royal blue and white skirt, white vinyl cowboy boots, blue and yellow pom-poms
- Shorty Pajamas – white teddie with pink flowers, matching mob cap, pink bra and panties, pink high heeled sandals.
- Jogging Suit – bright yellow hoodie with green trim, yellow pants, yellow wedgies, green gym bag
- Blue Jeans & Shirt – jeans with red knit cuffs, red and white striped sweater, red cowboy boots, Walkman with headphones and strap
- Camouflage Pants Suit – Khaki short-sleeved top, camo knickers, gold purse attached to belt, natural straw hat, aqua wedgies
- Dotted Swiss Party Dress – white dotted swiss with pink underdress and lace trim, crownless hat of matching fabric, white nylons?, pink high heeled sandals
- Beach Outfit – pink swimsuit, green skirt, black hat with attached blue scarf, purple heels
Designer Boutique Fashions:
- Cowgirl Outfit – red skirt with blue belt, white western shirt with red trim, blue check bandanna, white cowboy hat with blue check band, white cowboy boots
- Disco Outfit – blue jacket with gold lame short sleeves and attached shorts, gold lame bikini top, blue drawstring bag, blue high heeled sandals
- Fur Jacket Walking Suit – white faux fur jacket, white skirt, white boots with cuff tops, hot pink scarf
- Cocktail Gown – black sheath gown with pink ruffle down each side and across one shoulder, black high heeled sandals
- Roller Skating Jump Suit – red long sleeved jump suit, gold belt, red socks, white roller skates with red wheels
- Lace ‘n’ Satin Party Gown – long gown has pink satiny bodice white ruffle collar, sleeves and peplum, floral embroidered skirt; white wedgies
- Wrap Around Coat and Hat Outfit – plush purple coat (looks more like a bathrobe), matching hat, white belt, white boots with cuff tops
- Pants Suit – bronze metallic jacket with brown satin cuffs, brown satin pants, brown boots with cuff tops, brown hat
There was also a carrying case with dressing room graphics inside.
LJN also produced a Brooke Shields Glamour Center styling head with curlers and other hair styling accessories.
McCall’s issued a sewing pattern specifically for the Brooke Shields doll.
Copyright 2013 by Zendelle Bouchard.