1960 FAO Schwarz Giftset
This giftset came with a blonde Elise doll and red metal trunk. The following tagged outfits were all included:
- Cornflower blue ball gown (#1730) of pleated nylon tulle with gathered attached stole, rosebud accents; coronet of flowers; rhinestone earrings; necklace.
- Pale pink gown of dotted tulle with puffed sleeved and ribbon sash. This appears to be very similar to the bridesmaid’s gown of 1957, but the neckline is rounded instead of square and it also includes a white straw hat with ties of the dotted tulle.
- Pale pink taffeta full-length evening coat.
- Red blouse with three-quarter sleeves; white slacks with red piping. The slacks are the same as the ones included with the “Yacht Club” outfit of 1958.
- Pale pink nightie with lace trim at armholes, neckline and hem; blue satin bow at waist.
- Long-sleeve white robe with blue flowered print, lace trim, blue ribbon at neck.
- Undies, shoes and accessories
Note: B&W photos of the catalog illustrations for the following giftsets can be found in “Madame Alexander Collector’s Dolls, second series” by Patricia R. Smith
“Elise on Tour” was an FAO Schwarz exclusive in 1958. Included blue formal with under-skirt and hooped petticoat, silver heels, stockings, jewelry and bag; pink ballerina outfit with nylon tulle tutu skirt and satin bodice, trimmed with pink flowers; dotton nylon dress with petticoat, panties and low-heeled shoes; pink crepe nightie. The catalog illustration also shows a pants outfit. Came with Elise doll in an 18″ trunk.
“Lady Elise Trousseau” was offered by FAO Schwarz in 1961. It included a blue net gown trimmed with rosebuds over a double nylon taffeta crinoline; taffeta evening cloak; pink polished cotton street-length dress; taffeta slip and panties; double-skirted nylon nightgown with flowered taffeta robe; handbag; shoes; stockings; mirror, comb and brush. Came with Elise doll in an 18″ trunk.
“Elise on Vacation” was an FAO Schwarz exclusive for 1964. It included a blue lace-trimmed organdy gown; blue taffeta cocktail dress; red gabardine suit; riding habit with boots and hat; pink tulle ballerina costume with slippers; extra undies; lace-trimmed tricot nightie; evening bag; masquerade mask; shoes; stockings; vanity set. This set came with an Elise doll in a 20″ trunk.
Copyright 1999-2014 by Zendelle Bouchard.