|Click on the image to view a larger version.|
Photos copyright Nancy McKee. Visit Nancy's shop.
In the 1950's Madame Alexander used the name Margot for a 14" ballerina doll with the Margaret face mold. But 1961, the 10" version of Margot was introduced. She is an all hard plastic glamour doll, the same doll as Cissette, but has an upswept hairdo with a spit curl over her left eye. 10" Margot is most commonly found as a brunette but blondes were made as well. She has the same dramatic eye paint as Jacqueline. Margot dolls were later used for some of the Portrette series.
Margot had several different outfits available. The numbers after the descriptions, where pictures can be found, refer to the list of sources at the bottom of the page.
- #? - Silver stretch top (probably came with pants)
- #? - Blue and white top with vertical stripes, Mandarin collar, three buttons; orange pants. Sold separately. Color in #1
- #? - Pink nylon nightie; black lace peignoir with pink ribbon tie. Sold separately. Color in #1
- #905 - Black pants; white eyelet top. B&W in #4
- #910 - Black velvet panty; red or yellow satin brocade halter top with gold straps; black elastic-strap heels; pearl drop earrings. See photos above. This photo shows a variation of the top.
- #920 - Purple or lavender satin princess-cut gown with sequined straps; may have matching stole rhinestone or pearl drop earrings; bracelet. Color in #1
- #925 - White satin gown and matching long cape with high collar. B&W in #3
- #0965 - Silver lame gown with rhinestone straps, small blue velvet bow at waist. Color in #2
- #0970 - Pink pique coat with elbow-length sleeves, trimmed in green rickrack; matching hat. Sold separately. Color in #1
Thanks to Susan Jenkins Lacerte for help with this page. Additional sources for this page include:
- "Collector's Encyclopedia of Madame Alexander Dolls, 1948-65" by Linda Crowsey
- "Rare and Hard to Find Madame Alexander Collector's Dolls" by Barbara Jo McKeon
- "Madame Alexander Collector's Dolls" by Patricia R. Smith
- "Madame Alexander Collector's Dolls, second series" by Patricia R. Smith
- "The Golden Age of American Dolls: 1945-1965" by Cynthia Gaskill
Copyright 2007 by Zendelle Bouchard.
|Find Dolls by Manufacturer|
|Alexander||American Character||Arranbee||Cameo||Deluxe Reading|
|Find Dolls by Material|
|Find Dolls by Type|